Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beginning

Welcome to my blog.  This is the first time that I have done so, though I've often considered it.  I have so much to say, and I would love to get it off my chest whether anyone reads it or not!

I am trying to establish an over-arching theme to my banter.  But I have a feeling that it may meander outside any given boundaries.  The crux of my intentions, is to recount my thoughts and experiences in the world, the conclusions and philosophies that I develop.  Basically I just want a forum where I can spout off, and maybe say something significant that I want to remember later.

Who am I?  Well I'm a 29yo man from Arkansas--a medical student, an alcoholic, a Christian.  It's during these last few years that all of these roles have converged to create a beautiful disaster that only God could sort out.  Let me set the stage:  As a medical student, I have a lot of demands and expectations in my professional life; as an alcoholic, I have inherent flaws and heaps of wreckage in my past--including relational, social, financial, and emotional; as a Christian, I have access to the Maker of the world, and the only One who I can really turn to.

It may seem obvious with all this said, that I should just turn to God and let Him fix everything.  Anything that HAS been fixed is a result of this; God has allowed for so much healing in my life.  But as a human, I have naturally made things more complicated.  I am flawed and often don't make the best decisions.  But I have been learning a great deal through this all, and the resulting adventures make me feel blog-worthy.

While all of you digest this and ponder how exciting this might get, I will take some time to realize what exactly I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment